The sink is a common product in our life. Today, follow the Stainless Steel Sink Manufacturers to see what things about the stainless steel sink, have basic knowledge, selection tips and so on.
I. Basic knowledge of stainless steel: The main component of stainless steel is low carbon alloy steel containing nickel and chromium, which is divided into nickel series stainless steel and chromium series stainless steel according to the proportion of nickel and chromium. Stainless steel is divided into austenite, martensite, ferrite, and precipitation hardening stainless steel according to its structure. High-quality stainless steel materials appearing on the market should contain no less than 18 % chromium and no less than 10 % nickel. At present, stainless steel water tanks are all made of stainless steel hot-rolled thick plates ( thin plates with a thickness of less than 3mm and thick plates with a thickness of more than 3mm ).
Second, the production process
1. Raw material: At present, the common raw material used by domestic stainless steel sink manufacturers is 0.81.0MM thick plate. Too thin a plate will affect the service life and strength of the sink, and too thick a plate will easily damage the washed tableware.
2. Technology: There are two kinds of technology for stainless steel water tank production. First, the welding method is to punch the groove surface and the groove body respectively, connect the two by a welding method, and fill and polish the weld surface. Generally, no welding trace can be seen on the front surface. This production method is simple in process, small-sized stamping equipment, and simple dies can be used, generally 0.5? 0.7MM stainless steel sheet with less loss in the production process and relatively low cost. The other is a one-time forming method, in which the water tank is pressed with a whole sheet, which requires high processing equipment and molds. As one-time forming requires high quality and ductility of the sheet, 0.8-1MM thick plates are generally used for stamping, the whole mold is used, and stamping equipment is imported. Due to the large cutting loss at the edge of the plate in the one-step forming process and the investment of molds and equipment, the cost is high.
3. The surface treatment of the water tank is mainly matte, with wire drawing, frosting and so on, so that even if it is old, the scratches on it can not be seen.
Three, as an ordinary consumer, how to distinguish the stainless steel sink?
1. Specific Thickness: As mentioned above, all good stainless steel sinks use thicker plates. Because the sink has been edge - treated, it is difficult to see the thickness at once. The simplest way is to press the sink surface slightly and if it can be pressed down, it means the material is very thin ( haha, this is the way to check the thickness of steel plates when buying cars online ). Of course, if you can borrow vernier calipers and spiral micrometer, don't be so troublesome.
2. Weigh in weight: Stainless steel is an iron alloy, and the specific gravity of steel is 7.87. Nickel and chromium heavy metals are added in it. The specific gravity of these metals is larger than that of steel, so the weight is heavier ( refer to the thickness of the plate, of course ). If it is fake, inferior stainless steel, such as chrome-plated steel plate, the weight will be light.
3. Look at the process: there are welding method and integral forming method. We see some famous-brand water tanks with the same appearance and size, but the price varies greatly. There are material factors and process costs. Of course, it can be said for sure that the stainless steel water tank made by the one-piece molding method is definitely better than the welding method. The first-class water tank is usually produced by one-time stamping method. Of course, there are also low-end products in the famous brand. There are many welding methods, just feel them by hand. Please see the illustration:
4. Scratch the surface: JS is running rampant and traps are gathering. Some stainless steel is actually plated with chromium on a steel plate, and the price is not necessarily cheap. This is a bad move and should be used under the condition of ensuring safety. If we take a fancy to a sink but have doubts about its material, we can lift the sink sample from the counter while the store is talkative, scratch the bottom with the key, and then check the sink every 1 - 2 weeks. If there are no rust marks, it means the material is ok.
information about Stainless Steel Sink Manufacturers : https://www.afastainlesskb.com/product/stainless-steel-sink/