The upvote and downvote system is used to like and dislike posts. This is known as the voting system in PHP. This system is used in the QA forum (Questions and answers system). You can download the complete upvote and downvote system source code in a zip file. We create an upvote system using PHP, AJAX, jQuery, Bootstrap, and the MYSQL database. We use PHP PDO prepared statements to create an upvote and downvote system.
How to create upvote and downvote systems in PHP, AJAX with MYSQL database
As we discussed above, the upvote and downvote buttons are created in the QA forum. Users can upvote and downvote any questions and answers.
We create an upvote and downvote system by following steps –
1. Create three MYSQL database tables – The first table for users, the second table for user votes, and the third table for all posts (Questions or answers)
2. Create a connection file.
3. Fetch and display all posts with the upvote and downvote buttons.
4. Create JS code in the JS file. When the user clicks on the upvote or downvote button the JS function executes and AJAX responses. The data (vote and post id ) are delivered to another PHP file.
5. Create a Vote action PHP file to insert votes and update votes in the database. After that append the upvote and downvote buttons using the JS append() function or html() function.
How to download the upvote and downvote system in PHP, AJAX, and MYSQL source code?
This is a very easy process. You can check in the right sidebar. Complete the process and get the download zip file. This is a complete upvote and downvote system source code in the zip file. Download the complete zip and enjoy. After downloading the zip file, extract the zip file and import the database table from the database folder in the source. Before executing, kindly change the database name in the config file.
You can easily edit upvote and downvote system code and can use it for your projects.